BY ENTERING THE COMPETITION YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE RULES. YOUR ATTENTION IS DRAWN IN PARTICULAR TO THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, RELEASE AND PUBLICITY CLAUSES BELOW.
- Eligibility: MiFile’s MiHero Competition (the “Competition”) is open only to legal residents of Great Britain who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of MiFile, its affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Competition is subject to English law and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Terms & Conditions and the Sponsor’s (MiFile) decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Competition and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. The Sponsor reserves the right not to award a prize (and/ or to select an alternative winner) if the Sponsor is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that a winner is not eligible for any reason. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
It is a condition of entry that all these Official Terms & Conditions are accepted as final and entrants agree to abide by these rules.
- Sponsor: MiFile Care Ltd (The Sponsor) is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 09477023 whose registered address is 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU and it operates the Website: www.mifile.net.
- Timing: The Competition begins on August 26, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) (Greenwich Mean Time) and ends October 19, 2015 at 11:59 a.m. (Greenwich Mean Time) (“Competition Period”). The winner will be selected randomly from the entries submitted between 12:00 p.m. (Greenwich Mean Time) on the first day of the competition period and 11:59 a.m. (Greenwich Mean Time) on the last day. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Competition. The Competition will be closed at the end of the Competition Period.
- How to Enter:
- Like our Facebook page
- Upload an image of your HERO with a short story about why you are nominating them for the MiHero title.
- Use the hashtag #MiHero
- Share your post with family and friends
Your entry is “qualified” only if it is true, unbiased, and appropriate to publish. Entries will be deemed appropriate to publish unless they:
- Are sexually explicit or suggestive, or derogatory to any ethnic, racial, gender, or religious group, or are profane or pornographic, or contain nudity;
- Promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- Defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- Contain any prominent use of trademarks, logos, copyrighted materials owned by others as determined by Sponsor (except for those of Sponsor), or contain any personal identification;
- Communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
All entries must be in English, legible and complete with the entrant’s name, UK postal address (for delivery of any prize awarded), and phone number and/or email address.
You may incur connection and/or data charges from your Internet provider in entering this Competition. You must ensure that you have the permission of the person who pays for your Internet connection before entering the Competition.
- Prizes: 10 year membership to MiFile.net service, valued at £10.00 per year. Along with the membership, the WINNERS will receive wallet sized and key ring fob ‘combo’ cards.
The prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided in these Terms at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use, except for standard delivery charges to your nominated address in the UK, which will be met by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor’s operation of the Competition and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Competition. Sponsor will randomly select the potential winners (both nominee and nominated hero), from all eligible entries on or around the last day of the Competition Period the drawing entries posted August through October, 2015 will occur on or around October 19, 2015.
- The potential WINNERS is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE COMPETITION.An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the COMPETITION SHOULD so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility HAS been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Any ENTRY that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective ENTRY and is void and will not be HONOURED.
- Verification of Potential Winners:Receiving the prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Terms & Conditions. The Sponsor will endeavour to contact the potential Competition winner by email within 14 days of a prize draw taking place. The potential winner will be required to respond to Sponsor by return email within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner of the prize cannot be contacted, or fails to respond with prize selections within 10 days of notification, or a prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prize will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after winner’s selection.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless (save as set out in the Limitation of Liability clause (clause 12) below) the Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Competition or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Please also see clause 13 below.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Competition constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or home town and county for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. The Sponsor may publish the winner’s details and the winning entries on its Facebook page or via other social media such as Twitter or a blog post. If the Sponsor does not publish the name and county of the winners on that Facebook page, those details may be obtained from the Sponsor following a request in writing made within 90 days of the end of the Competition Period.
- Data Protection: The Sponsor may wish to contact entrants with details of relevant offers and promotions. If entrants do not wish to be contacted, they must unsubscribe to any promotional emails received. The Data Protection Act 1998 the Data Controller of the prize draw is the Sponsor. Personal data will be processed and shared with third parties only for the administration of the prize draw and the supply and delivery of the prizes. Further, contact details for entrants who have not chosen to decline to receive offers will be passed to the Sponsor who will be a Data Controller in respect of that data and who may use those contact details for the purposes of communicating those offers. Entrants may opt out of direct marketing at any time by unsubscribing to emails. Any data provided is provided to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition or these Official Terms & Conditions, or any part of it or them, in the event of fraud, technical failures or in the event that there is any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or the Sponsor’s website or to be acting in violation of the Official Terms & Conditions of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor shall not be required to send separate notification of any change to the offer or prize draw to each person who has and/or may enter the competition. It shall be sufficient that details shall be available on the Sponsor’s Facebook page.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, transmission failure or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Competition; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property (including but not limited to computer or mobile devices) which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Competition or receipt or use or misuse of any prize save as set out below; or (6) loss of data or any consequential or indirect losses or damage including without limitation loss of profits or opportunity or (7) the loss, theft or misuse of the prize.
If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Competition, if it is possible. If the Competition, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Terms & Conditions to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
Save as set out below the total aggregate liability of the Sponsor to each entrant shall be limited to the sum of £5.00.
Nothing in these Official Terms & Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the Sponsor in any way for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Sponsor or the Administrator (as the case may be) or the negligence of any of their employees, agents or subcontractors (as the case may be);
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; and
(d) any other liability for which is unlawful to exclude or limit liability.
- Law: The Competition and these Official Terms & Conditions shall be subject to the laws of England and Wales and you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts (subject to your rights as a consumer to select jurisdiction).
The Competition and any website on which these Official Terms & Conditions are posted are only intended to be accessed from Great Britain. Sponsor makes no representation that materials on such website(s) relating to this Competition are appropriate or available for use at other locations and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited. Entrants viewing these Official Terms & Conditions from outside Great Britain are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. Entrants are providing information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter. By entering, entrants are fully releasing Facebook and Twitter from any and all claims that may be asserted against Facebook or Twitter in connection with this Competition. The information that entrants provide will only be used for the purposes disclosed in the above Official Terms & Conditions.